Thursday, July 2, 2015

Taking the chalice of salvation...

You are ransomed... not with perishable things
like silver and gold but with
the precious blood of Christ. - I Peter 1:18-19

grail-rev.gif (292×378)

"'What shall I render unto the Lord
for all that He has rendered unto me?  
I shall take the chalice of salvation.'

Yes, O my God, if I take this Chalice, crimsoned with the
Blood of my Master, and in utterly joyous thanksgiving,
mingle my blood with that of the sacred Victim,
He will impart to it something of His own infinity,
and it will give You, O Father, wonderful praise. ... 

O Jesus, grant that I may become so identified with You 
that I may ceaselessly express You in the sight of Your Father."

Bl Elizabeth of the Trinity (+1906)
Excerpt from Last Retreat


ORDAINED to the Holy Priesthood of Jesus Christ
TODAY
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Oh, day of Love Divine, all loves excelling!
An Old German saying:
It is worth wearing out a pair of shoes to walk
to receive a priest's First Blessing!
 
Rev Mr Mark Horn ~ Diocese of Rapid City (South Dakota)
Rev Mr John Paul Trask~ Diocese of Rapid City
Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help ~ 7:00 PM Mass
 
Let us hold them in prayer and offer thanksgiving for each 'YES'!

"Whatever else you forget, do not forget the word - priest.
In every language in history, in every religion ancient and living, 
the word, priest, means the one who sacrifices." - Fr John A Hardon, S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment