Thursday, October 1, 2015

Prayer of heart...

 "Don't drag yourself any longer to His feet.  
Follow that first impulse that draws you into His arms.  
That is where your place is." - St Thérèse of Lisieux
 

"Frequently, only silence can express my prayer. 
However, this Divine Guest of the tabernacle understands all,
even the silence of a child's soul filled with gratitude. 

When I am before the tabernacle,
I can say only one thing to Our Lord:
'My God, you know that I love you'
and I feel my prayer does not tire Jesus."


St Thérèse of Lisieux
aka The Little Flower of Jesus
and St Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face
France ~ 1873-1897
Carmelite Nun
The Story of a Soul (autobiographical) - a MUST READ!
Co-Patron of the Missions (w/St Francis Xavier)
Co-Patron of France (w/St Joan of Arc)
Doctor of the Church
Pope St Pius X called her "the greatest saint of modern times"
FEAST DAY - October 1

StTherese.jpg (267×439)

“The only thing I really wish for
 ...is to love until I die of love.” ~ St. Thérèse

I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. 
I will let fall a shower of roses. ~ St. Thérèse

Rosier-Seven-sisters--2-06-2010-015.jpg (599×401)
Seven Sisters roses - Rosa multiflora f. platyphylla


St Thérèse of Lisieux, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment